Well, I spent about 4 hours today trying to configure an old ISA modem to use a non-standard port configuration (0x3e8 with IRQ 5). After finally deciding that it was just my lack of knowledge keeping me from getting it working, I put in another ISA modem and guess what… it worked! 🙂 4 hours down the drain because of a faulty modem!!!! AAhHhhh. Ok, I learned my lesson… the hard way.
Sorry, but I had to get that off of my chest. In these kinds of situations, I just have to remind myself that there is a reason for everything. Maybe God was keeping me there to protect me from a car accident or something. Maybe He just wanted me to learn to not always assume that every computer component works out-of-the-box (or, in this case, out-of-storage). I may never know how God used this situation, but nevertheless, I will continue to trust in Him.